Published: Saturday, 12 October 2019 16:15
Congratulations to Jon Horne for winning the 2019 Knockout Trophy and to Ophelia Clarke for winning the 2019 Knockout Plate.
34 Archers competed. The full results can be found on the links below.
Path to the Trophy (including scores)
Path to the Plate (including scores)
Thank you once again to Karen Fountaine for being our Judge and Field Captain.
See you all on the 27th October for the Halloween Shoot.
Published: Monday, 30 September 2019 20:52
Indoor shooting for 2019-20 starts this Wednesday (2nd October 2019) in Brockenhurst College Sports Hall.
Please arrive at 6:30pm to set up for a 7pm start.
The first week will be a practice night, then the next two Weds will be league nights (see the shooting calendar here for which nights are which). Please see the Winter League Info Sheet for a quick introduction to the league.
Important! If you did not shoot the league last year then you need to submit 3 indoor scores by 23rd October to take part. We also have some indoor shoots on Sunday Mornings (see the Indoor Target Days Info Sheet for details). There is a Vegas shoot on 20th October so that gives you 5 opportunities (4 Wednesdays and 1 Sunday morning) to submit your 3 scores. Make sure you do because after that it will be too late. If you are not part of the league you can still shoot on Wednesdays, but for sure there'll be no shiny winner's shield for you come the AGM in March.
- Old hands can ignore the next bit--
- At Brockenhurst College enter by the side gate. It's up the lane that runs next to the Huntsman pub, go past the pub and the gate is on the left.
- The Sports Hall is the first building next to the outdoor sports pitches and courts.
- We get our equipment out of the shed. The range needs setting up before you assemble your bow.
- If you are rushing from work and arrive a little after 6:30pm don't worry, just make sure you help put the range away instead.
- Casual dress is allowed on practice nights, club colours on league nights (or your score doesn't count).
- You will draw a target number out of the bag, find out who is on a boss with you and share a scoresheet.
- Make sure you keep an eye on the order of shooting so you don't miss your slot.
- Indoors can be a little more noisy and compact and is a different experience. Don't be put off, once you are in the rhythm it can be very satisfying.
- The league can be confusing at first sight, just listen out for instructions and just ask if you want to know more.
- Starting on Wednesday, you can 'bank' a practice night score in case you later miss a league night, but you must get it initialled by Jem or Karen before you start shooting.
NB: Your indoor handicap runs from July 1st to June 30th next year, but we will only organise indoor shooting from 2nd October until March 11th. Outdoor handicaps run from January 1st to December 31st, You can still shoot at the field and we have 3 outdoor competitions left in 2019.
Published: Monday, 23 September 2019 21:11
The results for the 2019 Outdoor Championships can be found here
Outdoor Championship Results 2019
Well done to all 44 Archers who took part this year.
Full news item to follow.
Published: Wednesday, 11 September 2019 08:40
So that's it, all shot for the Summer League 2019. We had 44 archers submit an amazing 278 rounds (or should that be 278 amazing rounds).
I haven't published the final standings as I'm saving that for Sunday. You can still check your overall progress throughout the league by looking at the 'round ratings' on the final shooting report, the lower the number the better you shot.
Summer League Final Shooting report - Week 18 of 18 (7th Sept 2019)
Summer League Final Standings - Week 18 of 18 (7th Sept 2019)
I hope you've enjoyed the league, it will be back for 2020. If you think you are going to suffer withdrawal, don't worry, the Winter League starts indoors on Weds 2nd October 2019 at Brockenhurst College in the Sports Hall. Be there 6.30pm to set up, shooting starts at 7pm.
Summer League Rules
Summer League Scoresheet